1st bilateral conference of our Polish-Norwegian cooperation project took place on the 22nd of April 2016 in Cracow. It aimed at presenting and promoting the Polish-Norwegian Cooperation Platform created within the project and focusing on the issues related to energy efficiency and RES use, as well as presenting initial diagnostic report on the energy situation of Polish and Norwegian local self-governments. The participants of the conference also got acquainted with the catalogue of good practices including many examples of inspiring actions implemented by Polish and Norwegian municipalities in such sectors as: energy modernisation of public buildings, modernisation of public lighting, use of RES, sustainable transport, supporting community energy projects and raising citizens' energy awareness. At the end of the event, the organisers announced an open contest for the best ideas for innovation inspired by the Norwegian experience.
Framework agenda of the conference:
- presentation of the project;
- presentation of the Polish-Norwegian Cooperation Platform established within the project;
- presentation of the Diagnosis of the situation of Polish and Norwegian municipalities in terms of energy efficiency and RES use;
- integrated, wide-scale concepts for improving energy efficiency in the municipal sector;
- comprehensive energy planning as a way of reaching energy savings, CO2 reduction and increase of RES use;
- legal aspects related to energy efficiency and RES use in Norway and in Poland;
- opportunities for obtaining financing for EE and RES investments implemented by local self-governments;
- different types of sustainable energy actions and investments that may be implemented on the local level;
- innovative energy management systems;
- monitoring of energy consumption in public buildings;
- heat recovery technologies that might be implemented in public buildings;
- announcement of the contest for the best innovative projects in the area of EE and RES use inspired by the Norwegian experience, including presentation of the evaluation criteria and methods.
Report, presentations and gallery